There has been a group of reports of images being dropped from files. It’s been a difficult bug to track down. Those that see the bug see it over and over. Usually on specific pages of specific files. But those that don’t, don’t ever seem to. Naturally, all the machines available to me and my testers are in the “never” category.
But after analyzing lots of details from the few reports that I have (thanks guys), I noticed that there were two different modes of failure — in other words, two bugs.
I have managed to find and correct one of these. And have put in several changes that should either prevent the other bug or at least make it a bit easier to track down. I’m releasing this in Stacks 1.1.3 as a beta.
If you have files that are susceptible to this bug, please try out this version. This is the only change, so if you are not experiencing this bug, then please just wait for the final release.
If you’re running this beta and you still experience disapearing images (or any other bug, really) I’d like to hear from you. Please send as many details as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Details that are helpful include:
- The version of RapidWeaver and Stacks you are using.
- What happened when you noticed the problem.
- What you did during your *previous* RapidWeaver session, before you last save.
- Machine, memory, OS, and especially details about your hard drives.
- Interesting utilities or software you use (Growl, QuickSilver, etc).
- Anything else that you think might be interesting.
Thanks for you patience helping me with this bug.